It was a long, cold, SNOWY winter...but it was all worth it for the beautifulness that is spring! This is by far the prettiest spring I've ever seen in DC. Here are a few pics from our adventures around the city.
First up, a trip to the Zoo! It was the first nice day in a long, long time. And of course, EVERYONE else in DC had the same idea that we did. It was a little on the crowded side!

Look at these cute little otters...well, statues of otters. The lives ones were so cute!

Posing with the Panda.

Hanging out by the lions.

Jim with the emu...

Tiger! I love it. War Eagle.

Baby Elephant.

You know, the life of a panda is great. Just hanging out, relaxing, eating bamboo...if only it were this simple for the rest of us.
Next stop: Dumbarton Oaks, a little gem of a place in upper Georgetown. It's a really cool historic home that was only lived in for a couple of years. The grounds are now maintained by Harvard University. We spent the day out there shooting engagement photos with our friend, Amanda (I'll post a few of those pics when I can!), and I guarantee we will be going back again. So pretty!

Here's the main house. It's pretty awesome.

Jim strikes a pose...looking all hansome in his super sporty sunglasses...

My turn...he wouldn't stop making jokes...I couldn't keep a straight face!

A pensive shot.

Sass patrol.

Model shot.

I love this picture. What is Jim pointing at though?

This tree kinda looks like it has a face...

And this tree is just awesome.

Tulips on the streets of Georgetown. Yes, that's Jim at the end...always joking around!

Pretty, pretty flowers.

I love the homes in Georgetown...

Too bad we'll never be able to afford to live there!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment