So Long Whiskers

>> Tuesday, December 22, 2009

So, something happened a couple of weeks ago. As many of my readers know, I tend to be a little random when it comes to blogging (Ahem, once every 6 months or so??), but this is one Caribou adventure that I think I just absolutely must share with others. It's really a little bit unbelievable, but I have to say, it's totally TRUE!

Editor's note: Some content below may be considered graphic...reader discretion is advised...

One Monday evening, I was enjoying a nice glass of wine and cooking dinner when I realized I had told the store manager the wrong dates that I could work at Caribou the next week. I promptly picked up the phone to correct my mistake. When I reached the shift supervisor, I could tell that it had been a busy evening. Her words: "Brynnan, oh my gosh, you are NOT going to believe what just happened. Someone TOASTED Whiskers!"

The evening's events unfolded like this:

Two girls were working behind the counter at Caribou. A regular customer walked up to them and said, "Excuse me, you have a mouse in your toaster." The shift supervisor promptly replied, "Oh my gosh, thank you for letting me know, I'll go take care of that right now." And the customer shrugged his shoulders and replied nonchalantly: "Oh, no worries, I took care of the situation. That little guy won't be getting out of there any time soon...I pushed the 'on' button."

About that time, the workers heard a loud POP! About that time, the smell of toasted mouse started wafting through the store (I did warn you--reader discretion advised). Customers started to panic and leave the store. The two girls working weren't too calm either. Fortunately there was a friend near by who ran over, grabbed the toaster, and quickly ran it out to the dumpster behind the building. The garage door had to be open in 30 degree weather to air the place out, and needless to say the night didn't return to normal after that.

And so, our dear friend Whiskers is no more. He was a good little guy--unfortunately unwanted in the coffee shop, but regardless of how much he was like or not, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN TOASTED TO DEATH!!! Some people...sheesh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP