Winter Wonderland

>> Saturday, December 19, 2009

Well, earlier this week, weather forecasters predicted a little bit of snow for the DC area...and after 24 hours of continuous snow, we've hit over 1 foot! Some places have 16 inches, others have 23...I can safely say I've never seen so much snow in my life. It's rather peaceful looking out the window and watching the flakes fall out of the sky--it's like I'm in my own little snow globe! On one hand, snow so close to the holidays makes it really seem like it's almost Christmas...on the other hand, it sure does cause problems for those of us who should be getting on an airplane to go home tomorrow! Nevertheless, Jim and I managed to have a Snow Day Adventure. One thing is certain--I am very blessed to have a nice, WARM home and a great guy to join in some winter fun!

First we decided we should have a little Christmas photo shoot. This one is probably the best of all of them.

BUT...of course, I had to throw in a silly picture...because, in the words of the kiddies...no photo shoot is ever complete without a silly picture!
We took this one ourselves...I think it turned out quite nicely! The others were with the timer on the camera--that was an adventure all in itself!

All bundled and layered and ready to face the snow!

Outside of Jim's apartment. Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow!

Like I said, there was a lot of it...

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail". Well, folks, I'm here to tell you...if you follow that advice while you're walking in the snow, you could end up like this...best to follow in others' footsteps!

The steps leading down to Jim's apartment before people walked down them. When we came back, we had to crawl under a fallen tree branch to get up!

Lots of snow on lots of cars. They won't be going anywhere for a few days...

And last, but not least, a fun shot in front of the Signature Theater. We were standing on top of a GIANT pile of snow that the plows had pushed to the side. Placing bets on how long this snow mountain will be around...I'm guessing at least a month!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP