Google Voice: Yordi we Misty

>> Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Back in November, Jim and I decided it was time to upgrade into the modern world and get droids.  I have to admit, they are pretty spiffy.  Lots of games and endless music selections through Pandora Radio, all kinds of fun apps that make you feel special and important, too.  Email at the touch of an icon wherever I am is pretty nice. And, Jim is especially thankful for the fact that I can now find the metro and bus schedules through my phone and I no longer call him in the middle of the work day in a panic because I do not know which exit to take from the Huntington Metro Station (don't judge...it's confusing!).

But, for all of the exciting and positive things about the fancy schmancy apps you can get on these phones, there are a couple that leave you asking, hmm...is this for real?  Take, for example, Google Voice--an application that, at first glance, seems to be pretty awesome.  No longer does one actually have to access his or her voicemail, enter in their password, and listen to what the message-leaver has to say.  Simply click on the Google Voice icon and see a computer translation of the voice messages you receive--a "visual voicemail", if you will.  Nice idea.  But be warned...computers are not always the best at transcribing...

Case in point:  the recent "voicemail" Jim received from the CVS pharmacy automated message system: 

Voicemail from (703) 768-7044 at 5:12 PM


Transcript: Hello This is a refill reminder from C. V. S. Pharmacy 4.
James, d, yeah, we tried to reach you a few times today, Yordi we Misty, We
show that the following prescription number is, are due for resale, your
first prescription is zero. 6 Yeah. 5. Gyro. 6 Yeah. 3. Bye. 4. Bye. Your
refill your prescriptions, call but C. V. S, pharmacy, located at. 16 36,
Bellevue Blvd Alexandria Virginia. The Pharmacy Phone number is. 7. Gyro
yeah. 3. Bye. Yeah fun. Bye. Yeah. 6. Yay. Yeah 7th. Yeah 0 4 4. You may
also refill on the web at. C. B. S. Dot Com. If you do not want to receive
the refill reminder calls in the future. Please call 1(866) 514-4965 To
remove your phone number. Yeah. Thank you for choosing C. V. S. Pharmacy.
Yeah. Bye.

I don't know about you guys, but from now on, whenever I have to leave someone a message, I'm definitely going to include the nice sentiment "Yordi we Misty"...I mean, who doesn't want to be missed??  And it does take a pretty mature person to say "Yordi" every now and again!

3 comments:

Lauren,  May 4, 2011 at 10:52 PM  

This is awesome! Daniel and I are rolling!

Unknown,  May 5, 2011 at 8:10 AM  

I was laughing until I cried when he first showed it to me! And now, reading it again, it's making me laugh just as hard. So funny.

cdlindsey,  May 5, 2011 at 8:44 AM  

Love it. Thanks for the laugh.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP