Resolutions Revisited

>> Thursday, May 10, 2012

Well, it’s May.  Back in January, I thought I was going to be running a half-marathon in May.  In fact, I made it one of my resolutions for 2012.  But here I am, on this 10th day of May, and nowhere near able to run 13.1 miles.  In fact, these days, I’m doing good to just to get out and exercise a few days a week.  What happened?  Why didn’t I start training back on March 19th when I was supposed to?  Well…

Bumblebee happened.  Bumblebee?  Who or what is Bumblebee?  Well...this is Bumblebee:



That’s right, Baby Reddy!  (I know, not the best picture, and rather than looking like a baby, it looks more like a puffed up grain of rice…apparently that’s what you look like when you’re 7 weeks and 2 days old.) 

Fondly known as Bumblebee among friends and family, Baby Reddy will be making his or her public debut in late October or early November.  It’s kind of crazy, a tad bit overwhelming, but generally an exciting time in the lives of the Reddys.

Exactly what has life been like over the past several months?  Well…to say the least, it’s been interesting.

I haven’t been feeling super stellar since about week 5 into this adventure.  In fact, the 9 weeks that followed that were bordering on miserable.  For the record, the term “Morning Sickness” is not accurate at all.  It should be called “Prepare Yourself, You Are Going to Feel Miserable for the Next 9-10 Weeks Sickness”.   I know, long title, but much more accurate.  I’ve also learned that as a pregnant woman, I have an amazing ability to sleep anywhere…seriously…anywhere.  Car, couch, metro, desk, the waiting room at the doctor’s office…I have never felt so tired in my life!  In fact, the new evening routine around the Reddy house consists of me coming home from work, eating something for dinner (if possible), and promptly falling asleep on the couch around 8:00pm.  I suppose I should enjoy sleeping now, because I’ve been told that in a few months, it’s going to be much more of a treat than a necessity. 

Jim has been quite the trooper over the past few months.  He’s really stepped up to the plate—learning to cook more, keeping the kitchen clean, doing loads and loads of laundry, all after a super busy day at work.  I’m so glad I have him around to help out—and glad he isn’t too disturbed when I poke him in the ribs in the middle of the night, asking if he can bring me a snack. 

And here we are, almost 15 weeks along, feeling better and getting more excited about meeting little Bumblebee.  I'm glad that generally I seem to be returning to normal, other than being exhausted all of the time.  Jim is glad that I'm feeling better, too, because now I can cook again and he's being relieved of his kitchen duties.  And we're both excited to see what the next several months will bring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP